xXelitegpXx

What size squares for SCROG?

I was wondering what is everyone’s preference for the size of the squares in your scrog netting. I heard smaller like 3x3 is best for the first net, and then additional nets above that can be like 5x5 or even larger . What do you guys do ? I am going to be putting a trellis net about 16 inches above my current Scrog net so that I don’t have to stake them. I’m guessing the holes should be larger so that less light gets blocked ? Does that make sense ?  Thanks !

I have 2 layers of scrog netting in my tents and for both layers I spaced them 3.5". 

I find it's a good size as a 5inch net I had seemed a bit too wide. Also, the 3.5" fit perfectly on the frame I had built, so your mileage may vary.

I can see the upper layer being fine with larger spacing as you're just holding up the tops, but with more squares, you have more options for keeping colas away from each other if they're touching. You'll also want to keep in mind the elasticity of whatever material you're using. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bolognasilencer said:

I have 2 layers of scrog netting in my tents and for both layers I spaced them 3.5". 

I find it's a good size as a 5inch net I had seemed a bit too wide. Also, the 3.5" fit perfectly on the frame I had built, so your mileage may vary.

I can see the upper layer being fine with larger spacing as you're just holding up the tops, but with more squares, you have more options for keeping colas away from each other if they're touching. You'll also want to keep in mind the elasticity of whatever material you're using. 

I see what your saying with more holes = more options for placement of colas. Thanks again for the input!